Waste & Recycling A to Z - Items that begin with I

Our waste and recycling A-Z explains which items can go in your green and blue bins.

To reveal the items, simply select a letter they begin with.

Ink Cartridges

How To Dispose: Check with the manufacturer or supplier if they will accept empty cartridges back. Otherwise they can be sent of for recycling in a freepost envelope provided by some supermarkets / retail shops.

Details and restrictions: None


Recycle centre sign post

How To Dispose: Materials for insulating walls, roofs and loft spaces in domestic properties can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Details and restrictions: The insulation must be double bagged and you should inform staff that you have insulation material to dispose of when you arrive on site.