Waste & Recycling A to Z - Items that begin with H

Our waste and recycling A-Z explains which items can go in your green and blue bins.

To reveal the items, simply select a letter they begin with.


Recycle centre sign post

How To Dispose: Retford or Worksop Household Waste Recycling Centre but see restrictions.

Details and restrictions: Skips are provided at the Household Waste Recycling Centres to recycle small amounts of this waste, but a permit system is in operation for vans, pick-ups, sign written vehicles and trailers. This allows you to dispose of small amounts of this waste generated in your home. For larger loads of this kind of waste, you should make your own arrangements for disposal of the waste through a private contractor by hiring a skip or taking the waste to a Private Transfer Station and paying for its disposal.

Horse Manure

green household waste bin

How To Dispose: In your green bin.

Details and restrictions: Animal waste can be put in your wheelie bin. If there is insufficient room, the animal waste should take precedence over other household waste, which can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centres. Animal faeces, including horse manure, is not accepted at the Household Waste Recycling Centres.