Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2037: Publication Version Addendum
Bassetlaw District Council consulted upon the Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2037: Publication Version, between 2 September 2021 and 21 October 2021. Whilst it was anticipated that the Publication Version of the Local Plan would be the version of the plan that would be submitted to the Secretary of State for independent examination, a number of changes are now proposed to the plan.
This document is an Addendum to the Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2037: Publication Version and contains only focussed proposed changes and any modifications to boundaries on the Policies Map.
Publication Version Local Plan Addendum
This next step in the Local Plan preparation process includes a six (6) week long consultation on the "Publication Version Addendum" of the Bassetlaw Local Plan. This Addendum together with the Publication version of the Plan will be the version of the Plan the Council thinks is ready for Examination by the Government. Before the Local Plan is submitted to the Government, the Publication Version of the Plan is made available for technical comments on whether it meets the "soundness and legal tests" set out in Planning Legislation. Representation are invited to be made between 12pm Thursday 6 January and 5pm Thursday 17 February 2022.
Soundness and Legal Tests
As per Paragraph 35 of the NPPF, Local plans and spatial development strategies are examined to assess whether they have been prepared in accordance with legal and procedural requirements, and whether they are sound. Soundness means asking whether or not the Plan is 'fit for purpose' and 'showing good judgement'. The Examination will explore and investigate the Plan against the Government's four 'tests of soundness':
- (a) Positively prepared - providing a strategy which, as a minimum, seeks to meet the area’s objectively assessed needs; and is informed by agreements with other authorities, so that unmet need from neighbouring areas is accommodated where it is practical to do so and is consistent with achieving sustainable development;
- (b) Justified – an appropriate strategy, taking into account the reasonable alternatives, and based on proportionate evidence;
- (c) Effective – deliverable over the plan period, and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic matters that have been dealt with rather than deferred, as evidenced by the statement of common ground; and
- (d) Consistent with national policy – enabling the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in this Framework and other statements of national planning policy, where relevant.
Legally compliant means asking whether or not the plan has been prepared in line with statutory regulations, the 'duty to cooperate' (see below) and legal procedural requirements such as the 'Sustainability Appraisal (SA) (see below)'. Details of how the plan has been prepared are set out in the Statement of Consultation and the Duty to Cooperate Statement - both listed below.
Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2037: Publication Version Addendum January 2022 Documents
The Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2038: Publication Version Addendum, January 2022, should be read in conjunction with the Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2037: Publication Version, August 2021. Please note however, we are only consulting this time on the documents listed on this page.
Proposed Submission Documents
PUB-015 - Bassetlaw Local Plan 2020-2038: Publication Version Addendum, January 2022 - Added on 6.01.22
PUB-016 - Bassetlaw Sustainability Appraisal Report, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
- Bassetlaw Sustainability Appraisal Appendices, December 2021
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary, December 2021
PUB-017 - Bassetlaw Local Plan Consultation Statement, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
- Bassetlaw Local Plan Consultation Statement Schedule 1&2, December 2021
- Bassetlaw Local Plan Consultation Statement Schedule Appendix 1&2, December 2021
PUB-018 - Bassetlaw Habitat Regulations Assessment, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
PUB-019 - Bassetlaw Infrastructure Delivery Plan, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
PUB-020 - Bassetlaw Whole Plan & Community Infrastructure Levy Viability Assessment, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
PUB-021 - Statement of Representation Procedure - Local Plan Addendum, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
PUB-022 - Bassetlaw Local Plan Equality Impact Assessment, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
Evidence base documents
DTC-004 - Duty to Cooperate Compliance Statement, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
BG-029 - Land Availability Assessment, January 2022 - Added 07.01.22
- Land Availability Assessment appendices, January 2022 - Added 10.01.22
SS-021 - Site Selection Methodology Update, December 2021 - Updated on 6.01.22
SS-022 - Bassetlaw Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment Update, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
SS-023 - Housing Land Supply Position, Housing Trajectory and Windfall Allowance Update, December 2021 - Added on 7.01.22
CD-015 - Bassetlaw Landscape Assessment 3rd Addendum, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
CD-016 - Birklands & Bilhaugh SAC Recreation Impact Assessment, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
CD-017 - Clumber Park SSSI Recreation Impact Assessment, December 2021 - Added on 06.01.22
CD-018 - Heritage Paper Update, December 2021 - Added 07.01.22
CD-019 - Bassetlaw Garden Village Draft Archaeology Assessment - To be added later
GB-008 - Local Plan Addendum Sequential Test Report, December 2021 - Added on 6.01.22
TI-015 - Bassetlaw Transport Assessment Update, January 2022 - Added 12.01.22
- All other evidence base documents are available on the Local Plan Evidence Base page.
Statement of Common Ground
Under the NPPF, all local planning authorities have a requirement to produce, maintain and keep up to date a Statement of Common Ground (SoCG) to highlight agreement on cross boundary strategic issues with neighbouring authorities and other relevant organisations. Bassetlaw has produced numerous Draft SoCG which sets out the discussions with neighbouring local authorities and prescribed bodies on the strategic matters and issues which are relevant to the Bassetlaw Local Plan.
The SoCGs are expected to be finalised by Submission. The Council is working with its partners to discuss ongoing issues.
- All Statement of Common Ground documents are available on the Local Plan Evidence Base page.
Last Updated on Tuesday, January 18, 2022