Located just to the east of Worksop Town Centre, The Canch is a five-minute walk from Bridge Street, the town’s main shopping area. Close to the park is the historic Worksop Priory which is nationally acclaimed and dates back to 1103.
The park itself which is owned and managed by Bassetlaw District Council, covers an area of 4.8 hectares is known by two names and has two distinct parts. Divided by a watercourse the area to the north known as ‘The Canch’ was provided for public recreational use in 1912. The area to the south originally named ‘Memorial Avenue Gardens’ was an addition to the park in 1938 and was laid out in a more traditional formal parkland design to accommodate the new library and museum building at the time.
The layout of the park has many features and facilities including;
- Children’s Water Fountain Splash Park* (Open May - September)
- Plaza-style skatepark
- Adizone Outdoor Gym Area (with performance area)
- Junior and Toddler Play Equipment
- Multi-Use Games Area
- Formal Gardens
- Sensory Garden
- Aurora Wellbeing Centre (former Library)
- Public Conveniences including Changing Places Facility*
Last Updated on Monday, July 17, 2023