Hackney carriage and private hire policy - Appendix C - Guidance for applicants with periods of residency outside the UK

Guidance for Applicants with Periods of Residency Outside the UK

Details of how to obtain check from the relevant authorities abroad are available online at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants.

The ACRO Criminal Records Office (ACRO) issues Police Certificates to people who want to emigrate or have been required to produce a Police Certificate (sometimes known as a “Certificate of Good Conduct”) by an Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. The certificate details whether or not the applicant has a criminal record in the United Kingdom.

Telephone: 0845 60 13 999 (International Callers: 0044 1962 871 111)
Email: customer.services@acro.pnn.police.uk
Further details can be found at https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx



Last Updated on Wednesday, October 21, 2020