Using data calculated from site visits, and desk based evaluations, a value score for each site is identified. Value is defined in PPG17 in relation to the following three issues:
- Context of the site i.e. its accessibility, scarcity value and historic value.
- Level and type of use.
- The wider benefits it generates for people, biodiversity and the wider environment.
The value criteria used are summarised below:
Value criteria for open space site visits (score)
- Level of use (observations only).
- Context of site in relation to other open spaces.
- Structural and landscape benefits.
- Ecological benefits.
- Educational benefits.
- Social inclusion and health benefits.
- Cultural and heritage benefits.
- Amenity benefits and a sense of place.
- Economic benefits.
Value - non site visit criteria (score)
- Designated site such as LNR or SSSI.
- Educational programme in place.
- Historic site.
- Listed building or historical monument on site.
- Registered 'friends of group' to the site.
Last Updated on Tuesday, September 8, 2020