Looking for a job or training? Need advice about resettlement? Trying to work your way through the pensions minefield? You'll find a whole range of useful guides and contacts are available via the Royal British Legion's Civvy Street Website.
- The Royal British Legion (RBL) provides practical care, advice and support to serving members of the Armed Forces, veterans of all ages and their families. The RBL run the Poppy Calls Handy Person Service which provides a service for small household repairs and minor adaptations around the home.
- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) provide financial, practical and emotional assistance to anyone that is currently serving or has ever served in the Army, Navy or RAF, and their families.
- Bassetlaw Citizens Advice Bureau provides a dedicated Money and Benefits advice service for veterans across Bassetlaw.
- The Service Personnel and Veterans Agency is responsible for pay and pensions provision.
- Finchale Veterans Service is a specialist training college which hosts a veterans support network and produces a Directory of Services. Finchale was founded in 1943 as a rehabilitation and resettlement centre for disabled servicemen.
Last Updated on Friday, May 19, 2023