Please note: Subscriptions for the 2023 season of our Garden Waste Collection Service are now closed.
About the garden waste service
Our Garden Waste Collection Service allows Bassetlaw residents to recycle even more of their waste.
Collections take place every two-weeks between the beginning of March and the end of November and your fee includes a 240 litre wheelie bin.
The cost for the 2023 season is £34.00.
When will I get my bin?
Please note: The next run for our packs, which contain your stickers, will be 17 April 2023.
What should I do so my garden waste bin is collected?
- Place your bin out on the kerbside by 6am on the day of your collection. Remember to take it back when emptied. Check your collection day.
- Make sure that all your garden waste is inside your bin and the lid is close.
- Please do not place bin liners / plastic carrier bags / animal bedding in your garden waste bin.
- Do not include items other than those accepted.
- Do not overload your garden waste bin.
- Ensure your licence sticker is visible for our collection team.
What can you recycle in your brown bin?
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Small branches and twigs
- Dead plants
- Cut flowers
- Food waste, including fruit, vegetables and peelings
- Plastic bags
- Treated wood
- Soil, stones, gravel and turf
- Pet bedding and straw
Please remember: do not put plastic bin liners in with your garden waste as these cannot be recycled, and your bin will not be collected.
We can help you with your collections if you are unable to take your bins to the kerbside due to a disability or ill health. Visit our assisted bin collections page.
Report a missed collection
To report that your bin has not been collected on your scheduled day, please see our missed bin page.
Last Updated on Friday, August 18, 2023