There are lots of organisations that can help you understand Universal Credit, help you make a claim, and offer advice and support if you're finding it hard to manage.
Universal Credit (UC) support: (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm)
- Full Service UC claims advice - 0800 328 5644
- Live Service UC claims advice - 0800 3289344
- Apply for an advance payment of Universal Credit - 0800 328 5644
- Request for housing costs payments to go direct to your landlord - 0800 328 5644
Claiming other benefits:
Apply for contributions based ESA (Employment Support Allowance) - 0800 328 5644
Applying for contributions based JSA (Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA):
- In a Full service area - contact your local job centre for more information
- In a Live service area - 0800 328 9344
- Your local job centre will be able to advise you on Universal Credit, payments and budgeting support. If you find it difficult to manage this new monthly payment please speak to your work coach.
- If you need financial help before your UC payment is due and meet certain conditions, you can ask for an advanced payment. Please note that future payments will be reduced to pay for this advance.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- The DWP aim to deliver support and information to help those affected to understand the changes and prepare for the move to Universal Credit.
- For further information, you can contact the DWP on the Universal Credit helpline: 0345 600 0723 or visit the Universal Credit webpages for more information.
- Further information for landlords and tenants to help them prepare for the move to direct payments and what protections and safeguards are in place.
Money Advice Service
- Information to help you understand more about Universal Credit and financial budgeting is also available on the Money Advice Service website.
- If you are currently claiming benefits and you want to know how Universal Credit might affect you in the future, you can use the Universal Credit Personal Planner to get a personal statement to find out what changes you may need to make to get
- ready for Universal Credit.
Last Updated on Friday, April 12, 2019