Universal credit - Council Tax Reduction Scheme claimants

Help with Council Tax is not included in your Universal Credit payment. The DWP will not accept a claim for council tax support at the same time as you claim Universal Credit.

You must apply for Council Tax Reduction directly through our benefits service once you have applied for Universal Credit. If you don't apply for your council tax support at this time, you may not receive your maximum entitlement.

Do you need help claiming Universal Credit, or do you need support to help you manage? Find out how.




Last Updated on Wednesday, May 8, 2024