Community centres and church halls - Temporary events notice

Temporary Events NoticeĀ 

If your community premises are only expecting to hold up to 15 events in a year you may consider applying for a Temporary Events Notice for each specific event. This is not an application for a licence but a notification by the event organiser advising the Licensing Department that an event is going to be held.

The licensing of charitable events providing entertainment

If regulated entertainment is provided for the public in a village hall, scout/guide hall or similar, or if a charge is made to a private audience with a view to profit, including for a charity, then the provision of regulated entertainment at such premises would require a Premises Licence or Temporary Events Notice.

If the publicĀ are not invited and a charge is made to a private audience (like family and friends) just to cover costs, and not to make a profit, then this will not be the provision of regulated entertainment and a licence will not be required.

If anyone invited to a private performance was not charged for attending the event but was free to make a voluntary donation to a charity by their own choice then no licence will be necessary. However, if the performance is to any extent open to the public (whether the public are charged or not) a licence will be required.



Last Updated on Wednesday, May 8, 2024