Buying a House can prove to be the most expensive, frustrating item you may ever purchase. Bassetlaw District Council can:
- Complete Con29 searches within 5-10 working days.
- Carry out a fast, accurate service by skilled, professional, fully trained staff.
- Searches are accepted by all mortgage lenders.
- Ensure that all information needed to compile a search is held and maintained by the Council.
- Ensure that there are links to internal and external departments who can quickly get information.
- Include a complete search history.
- Ensure that every question on the *Con29(R) and *Con29(O) will be answered comprehensively with details of where further information can be obtained.
All Official Con29 Searches are covered by the Council's comprehensive insurance.
A tracking service where you can contact the Land Charges staff to find out the progress of your search is available.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has published guidance for the general public on “How to buy a home” and “How to sell a home”. This guidance has been developed following meetings last year with stakeholders including the Local Land Charges Institute.
Note: * A Con29 is the Official Enquiry Search Form that is compiled of standard set questions by the Law Society. The Official Search is certified by the Council and the Land Charges Act 1975. The search is completed by trained Council staff and contains information regarding Planning Permissions, Tree Preservation Orders, Listed Buildings, Road Agreements and Schemes to name a few. All of which is vital information whether you are buying or selling a house.
Last Updated on Friday, September 29, 2023