Local History Societies:
- The Thoroton Society – Nottinghamshire’s principal historical and archaeological society, established in 1897
- Priories Historical Society
- Shireoaks & District Local History Group - email: email@example.com
- Tuxford Heritage Society
- Worksop Archaeological and Local Historical Society
National heritage groups, societies and funding sources:
- Council for British Archaeology
- English Historic Towns Forum
- Funds for Historic Buildings – The directory of funding sources for repairs to historic buildings
- HLF (Heritage Lottery Fund)
- IHBC (Institute of Historic Building Conservation)
- Listed Building Owners Club
- Save Britain’s Heritage
- The Architectural Heritage Fund
- The Civic Trust
- The Garden History Society
- The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- The Twentieth Century Society
- The Victorian Society
Conservation Trade Links:
- AABC – Register of Architects Accredited in Building Conservation.
- Building Conservation Directory – For conservation professionals and suppliers.
- CARE (Conservation Accreditation Register for Engineers) – Identifies civil and structural engineers skilled in the conservation of historic structures and sites.
- Heritage Skills Hub - A not-for-profit Community Interest Company, set up to promote and support traditional building skills.
- HESPR (Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition) - A recognition and promotional service for companies operating in any area of historic environment conservation. HESPR is promoted and maintained by the IHBC.
- Period Home Magazine (Products & Services Directory)
- RICS Building Conservation Accredited Scheme – Provides a register of individuals with experience and knowledge in the conservation of historic buildings or sites.
- SALVO – Architectural salvage and antiques directory.
Last Updated on Tuesday, October 22, 2019