- Nottinghamshire Archives – Contains most of Bassetlaw’s tithe maps, enclosure maps, estate maps, Ordnance Survey maps and others.
- Old Maps – Historical map archive covering England, Wales and Scotland.
- Old Maps Online – Various historic maps, including the c1840 County Series Nottinghamshire map.
- Retford Library – Holds paper copies of various historical maps of the Retford area.
- Worksop Library – Holds paper copies of various historical maps of the Worksop area (including the 1865 Gas Maps).
Archives, Historic Information and Research
- Bassetlaw Museum – Archives include a large collection of late-19th/early-20th century building plans from across the entire district (please contact the museum for further information).
- Nottinghamshire Archives – The county’s main archive, containing historic maps and plans, court records, parish records, ecclesiastical records, school records and District/ Borough/County Council records.
- University of Nottingham (Manuscripts and Special Collections) – Large archive of material including manuscripts, maps, ecclesiastical records, manorial records and estate records of some of Nottinghamshire’s leading families.
- Nottinghamshire History – A vast source of books and articles on the history of the County, covering many of Bassetlaw’s settlements.
- The Nottinghamshire Heritage Gateway – A guide to heritage resources within the county.
- Retford Library – Extensive archive of maps, books, articles and photographs.
- Worksop Library – Extensive archive of maps, books, articles, photographs and 19th & 20th century local newspapers.
- British Library – Vast online resource, including extensive catalogues of locally-significant manuscripts and other material. Also includes fully searchable archive of local 19th century newspapers - Nottinghamshire Libraries login details required).
- Sheffield City Archives – Extensive collection of material relating to Nottinghamshire, including the Arundel Castle Manuscripts (Dukes of Norfolk).
- Doncaster Archives & Local Studies – Archive material relating to the North Nottinghamshire/Yorkshire border area.
- Rotherham Archives & Local Studies Service – Archive material relating to the North Nottinghamshire/Yorkshire border area.
- Derbyshire Record Office – Archive material relating to the North Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire border area.
- National Archives – Catalogues most resources held within official town, city and county archives (including Nottinghamshire).
Last Updated on Monday, November 4, 2019