Family annexe discount
This discount of 50% can apply in the following circumstances:
- If you currently live in an annexe and are related to the person(s) living in the main house then you may be entitled to this new discount.
- If you are the owner of an unoccupied annexe and you use it as part of your main house then this discount may also apply.
Please note – There is no discount if an annexe is occupied by a non-family member.
When Does The Discount Apply?
- The annexe must be part of the main home, i.e. it must form part of a single property.
- The family member living in the annexe must be related to the person(s) living in the main house in either of the following ways:
- Spouse or civil partner (including unmarried people who are living together as a married couple and where a same sex couple are living together as if they were civil partners), parent, child/stepchild, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, great-grandparent/great-great-grandparent, great-grandchild/great-great-grandchild, great-uncle/great-great-uncle, great-aunt/great-great-aunt, great-nephew/great-great-nephew, great-niece/great-great-niece.
- If the annexe is unoccupied and is being used as part of the main house.
In all cases our Property Inspector will visit you to discuss your application to ensure that you and the annexe meet the criteria for this discount.
Last Updated on Thursday, January 5, 2023