Priory Court is Bassetlaw District Council’s new state of the art Independent Living Centre, which features a total of 52 one and two bedroomed apartments that are available to tenants over the age of 60.
Extra Care services will be provided by Nottinghamshire County Council in 27 apartments, with a further 15 apartments available to prospective tenants through Bassetlaw District Council’s Housing Service. An additional 10 apartments will be used as assessment units for residents leaving hospital or needing short-term care.
Each apartment features:
- Fully-Fitted Kitchen, including an electric cooker, hob and extractor fan
- Level access bathroom with shower facilities
- Full central heating with individual adjustable controls
- Waterproof floor coverings in the kitchen and bathroom
- Carpet throughout the rest of the property
- State of the art warden aided technology
- Each apartment is fitted with individual Electricity and Water Meters
In addition, Priory Court boasts a number of impressive communal facilities and safety features that include:
- Secure door entry system
- Communal lounge and kitchen
- Communal Library
- Laundry Room
- Activity Room
- Assisted bathing facility
- Guest room
- On site hairdresser
- Scooter store and charging facilities
- Communal garden
- Communal TV Licence
Extra Care offers a real alternative to long-term care as it supports older people with social care needs to live as independently as possible in their own home.
Each apartment has been designed to be accessible for older adults and feature a level access shower, accessible kitchens and wheelchair turning circles. The onsite care team support residents in Extra Care apartments to meet their daily living needs, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They are also able to respond to care emergencies or unplanned care needs as quickly as possible.
Extra Care is a service provided by Nottinghamshire County Council. If you think you may need Extra Care, please contact the Adult Social Care team on, 0300 500 80 80 and ask for a Social Care Assessment. You can also visit the Extra Care pages of Notts County Council's website.
What's close by:
- Excellent bus service
- Short walking distance to Worksop Town Centre
- Markets held in Worksop town centre three times a week
- Worksop Library, Savoy Cinema, Priory Church, Clumber Park and Sherwood Forest
Last Updated on Friday, April 23, 2021