To nominate a person or event to be commemorated, you will need to provide:
- The name of the person or details of the event
- The property or site on which the plaque should be placed, including the owner’s name and address
- Details of why you think the person or event is worthy of consideration based on the selection criteria above.
- Funding for the blue plaques is limited, so consideration will be given if other sources of funding are known
PLEASE NOTE: The District Council requires the permission of the property owner to install a blue plaque. The Council cannot insist agreement is given.
A Panel consisting of:
- District Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration
- District Council Ward Councillor(s)
- Civic Society representative (if Worksop or Retford)
- Parish Council representative (if in a rural area)
- Policy and Communications Manager
- Conservation Officer
Current Blue Plaques
Hardy Street, Worksop
Squadron Leader Wladyslaw Jan Nowak
First Polish fighter pilot to shoot down a German plane at night 1941. Helped refugees after the war from his shop on Hardy Street.
Last Updated on Friday, April 12, 2019