To nominate a person or event to be commemorated, you will need to provide:
- The name of the person or details of the event
- The property or site on which the plaque should be placed, including the owner’s name and address
- Details of why you think the person or event is worthy of consideration based on the selection criteria above.
- Funding for the blue plaques is limited, so consideration will be given if other sources of funding are known
An application can be submitted either Online or by emailing Planning Conservation Team, telephone 01909 533427 or emailing Head of Corporate Services.
PLEASE NOTE: The District Council requires the permission of the property owner to install a blue plaque. The Council cannot insist agreement is given.
A Panel consisting of:
- District Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration
- District Council Ward Councillor(s)
- Civic Society representative (if Worksop or Retford)
- Parish Council representative (if in a rural area)
- Policy and Communications Manager
- Conservation Officer
Current Blue Plaques
Hardy Street, Worksop
Squadron Leader Wladyslaw Jan Nowak
First Polish fighter pilot to shoot down a German plane at night 1941. Helped refugees after the war from his shop on Hardy Street.
Last Updated on Friday, April 12, 2019