Agreeing the Neighbourhood Area and Group carrying out the Neighbourhood Plan
Parish Councils, or local groups in unparished areas, should submit their applications for the designation of a neighbourhood area to the Council. These should include:
- a plan and statement identifying the land to which the neighbourhood plan will relate;
- a statement explaining why this area is considered appropriate to be designated as a neighbourhood area;
- a statement explaining why the group is capable of being the ‘qualifying body’ to carry out the Neighbourhood Plan; and
- contact details for the group
The Council will, with the assistance of the proposing body, publicise the statement and invite members of the public to comment on the proposal. This consultation process will take place for four weeks.
Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Forums
Parish Councils will usually take the lead in progressing Neighbourhood Plans. Community groups can, however, also apply to the Council to become a Neighbourhood Forum. The Forum must contain a cross-section of the population and comprise a minimum of 21 people. The application to the Council must contain:
- the name of the neighbourhood forum;
- a plan and statement identifying the land to which the neighbourhood plan relates;
- contact details of at least one member of the group;
- a copy of the written constitution of the proposed neighbourhood forum; and
- a statement explaining why the group is capable of being the ‘qualifying body’ to carry out the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Notice of accepted application
Once an application is received, from either a Parish Council or community group, Bassetlaw District Council will publish on its website a statement setting out:
- the name and coverage of the proposed neighbourhood forum;
- the contact details of at least one member of the organisation or body making the application;
- the date on which the application was received; and
- a statement that any other application for the relevant neighbourhood area, after the first application to be accepted, must be received by Bassetlaw District Council no later than 28 days after the date on which the above information was first published on their website in relation to the first application accepted.
Last Updated on Friday, August 18, 2023