The initial Sturton Ward Neighbourhood Plan was formally 'made' by Bassetlaw District Council following the Referendum held on 11 February 2016. Work to review the Neighbourhood Plan commenced in 2018, including an updated and enhanced evidence base, and the inclusion of site-specific housing allocations. The reviewed Neighbourhood Plan was formally adopted by Bassetlaw District Council following a successful referendum on 11 November 2021.
Proposals to sub-divide the Sturton Ward Neighbourhood Area into three new areas were received by the District Council in October 2022. Full details are included below.
|Neighbourhood Area Designated||4 April 2012||N/A|
|Pre-Submission Draft Plan Published||23 February 2015||22 June 2020|
|Draft Plan Submitted||3 August 2015||18 March 2021|
|Examiner's Report Approved||2 December 2015||23 September 2021|
|Referendum||11 February 2016||11 November 2021|
Consultation on Neighbourhood Area Re-Designation Proposals (October - November 2022)
The District Council is currently considering applications to replace the existing Sturton Ward Neighbourhood Area with three new neighbourhood areas, as follows:
- North and South Wheatley - as per the Parish boundary, with the Parish Council as the qualifying body.
- North Leverton with Habblesthorpe - as per the Parish boundary, with the Parish Council as the qualifying body.
- Sturton le Steeple, Bole, and West Burton - as per the area of the three parishes collectively, with Sturton le Steeple Parish Council as the qualifying body.
The proposed new designations, if approved, will not change the validity of the existing Sturton Ward Neighbourhood Plan, but will allow it to be replaced by three separate neighbourhood plans in due course, one for each new neighbourhood area.
The District Council is consulting interested parties on the proposals for a period of six weeks, from Friday 14 October 2022 until 5PM on Thursday 24 November 2022. Comments are welcomed, and should be made in writing via one of the following formats:
Post: Neighbourhood Planning, Bassetlaw District Council, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Notts. S80 2AH.
All comments made in relation to these applications will be made available for public inspection and copying.
Some documents within our Neighbourhood Plan pages are produced externally. These may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Neighbourhood Area Re-Designation Proposals (Autumn 2022)
- North and South Wheatley - Map of proposed Neighbourhood Area
- North and South Wheatley - Designation Request
- North Leverton with Habblesthorpe - Map of proposed Neighbourhood Area
- North Leverton with Habblesthorpe - Designation Request
- Sturton le Steeple, Bole, and West Burton - Map of proposed Neighbourhood Area
- Sturton le Steeple, Bole, and West Burton - Designation Request
Reviewed Neighbourhood Plan (November 2021)
- Neighbourhood Area Map
- Sturton Ward Neighbourhood Plan (Review)
- Design Code
- Examiner's Report
- Summary of representations provided to the Independent Examiner
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- SEA / HRA Screening Statement
- Decision Statement
Last Updated on Monday, October 17, 2022