The Carlton Wimpey Masterplan is an inspirational plan to transform the Wimpey Estate in Carlton-in-Lindrick.
Before a Masterplan is drawn up, we are asking residents for their views, via a public consultation, on proposals that will help to shape the initial two phases of the project.
The Masterplan is being developed in response to concerns and issues raised by residents about the estate over a number of years and will act as a catalyst for improving the appearance of the estate and quality of life for residents living there.
The first two phases include proposals to build new council houses and create an informal play space with landscaping in the heart of the estate.
Residents are invited to share their views as part of a six-week consultation that will also gather comments on opportunities to improve movement around the estate, address anti-social behaviour issues and increase parking, among other ideas.
Funding of around £3m has been made available for the first two phases of the Masterplan and consultation will initially take place on Phases 1 and 2 of the project which, if successful, could lead to more ambitious proposals.
Proposals as part of Phases 1 and 2 of the Masterplan include:
- Demolishing the underused community centre and building new homes
- Redeveloping some of the existing open spaces, including the paved area off Willow Avenue.
- Creating a new informal play area and introduce softer landscaping at the heart of the estate.
- There is also the potential to create start up units for local business, retail opportunities, or new community facilities.
The consultation period was launched on Friday 13 May and will close on Sunday 26 June.
You can submit your views online form, or by visiting one of our in person events that will take place at Cleveland Close Community Centre on the following dates:
- Friday 20 May – 1pm to 4pm
- Saturday 21 May – 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday 8 June – 6pm to 8pm
An event for young people will also be held at Carlton-in-Lindrick Youth Centre on:
- Monday 23 May – 6pm to 8pm
Council Officers will also be conducting Door to Door Consultation events to provide further information on the project and to gather views on the following dates:
- Monday 30 May – 12noon to 7.30pm
- Monday 6 June – 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Tuesday 7 June – 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Thursday 9 June – 3pm to 8pm
Following the consultation, all responses will be considered and will inform the next stages of the Masterplan, which could include a planning application being developed.
Last Updated on Thursday, May 19, 2022