If you have reason to believe that your rateable value is not correct, follow the instructions provided on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) website. You will need to do the following :
- Check - review and confirm the facts held by the VOA about your property
- Challenge – once the facts are established, explain why you believe your valuation is wrong.
An appeal on your rateable value is not possible, and may not be necessary, until you have completed check and challenge.
Appeals are dealt with by the VOA and there are more details about how to appeal against your rateable value (including rateable values that applied prior to 1st April 2017).
The contact details for the VOA are:
- Address: Valuation Office Agency, Non-domestic Rates East, Rosebery Court, Central Avenue, St Andrews Business Park, Norwich, NR7 0HS
- Telephone: (03000) 501501
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Valuation Office Agency
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) values all business properties for business rates. The valuation is based on information the VOA holds about your property.
You can contact the VOA. If you are unable to use the online service you can also contact the VOA on 03000 501 501
The VOA is contacting businesses to request rental information to support the next revaluation of business rates in England and Wales – Revaluation 2023.
If you receive a request please complete and submit your up-to-date details. It is important to provide this information to ensure business rates are fair and accurate.
Last Updated on Wednesday, April 14, 2021