The UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) is a central pillar of the UK government's Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit the government's Shared Prosperity Fund webpage.
Bassetlaw District Council have been allocated £3.4m of UKSPF to improve both pride in the district and people’s life chances in Bassetlaw, over the next three years.
The funding will be used to support three priorities across Bassetlaw focusing on communities and place, support for local businesses and people and skills.
Some of the projects will include:
- A Community and Voluntary Grant Programme enabling community and voluntary groups to apply for projects that will make a difference in their local neighbourhoods.
- Local business investment will see funding for a range of business support services including; the high street, decarbonising businesses, going digital, innovation, business grants and rural businesses.
- Investment in People and Skills programmes to be delivered in 2024/25 to support those furthest away from the labour market, offer basic skills courses and tailored support to help people in employment.
- Community infrastructure projects to improve our town centres, improve our green spaces and reduce crime.
UKSPF support for communities and place
- Arts and Heritage Grant - Expressions of interest are now open to apply for the next round of funding for VCS organisations to deliver arts, cultural, heritage and creative activities in Bassetlaw. Applications will close on Tuesday 13 February 2024 at 12noon.
UKSPF support for local businesses
- Decarbonisation grant - Expressions of Interest for funding to the business decarbonisation programme to provide IAG, dedicated energy audit and grant to businesses are now open.
UKSPF support for people and skills
Tender opportunities for the project area 'Support for People and Skills' are now live:
- UKSPF E37 TAILORED SKILLS FOR EMPLOYMENT for Bassetlaw District Council
- The Council wishes to invite tenders for the supply of services in respect of Tailored support to help people in employment, who are not supported by mainstream provision to address barriers to accessing education and training courses. This includes supporting the retention of groups who are likely to leave the labour market early.
- UKSPF E39 GREEN SKILLS COURSES for Bassetlaw District Council
- The Council wishes to invite tenders for the supply of services in respect of Short courses to focus on green skills initiatives - e.g. training for SMEs on reducing their carbon footprint; developing and implementing a carbon strategy; energy renewables; carbon-off setting; waste reduction. Micro and small heating engineering companies - heat pump installation overview/training
- UKSPF E41 DIGITAL SKILLS for Bassetlaw District Council
- The Council wishes to invite tenders for the supply of services in respect of Short courses to focus on local digital skills courses example include - Digital literacy, data analysis, interpretation and reporting, digital marketing, Microsoft Office training, artificial intelligence, automation, basic programming and networking, cybersecurity, website and graphic design
The closing date for these tenders is 8 March 2024, 12pm.
- The District and Borough councils across Nottinghamshire are looking to commission a package of Support for People and Skills via a single Provider Framework Agreement that delivers against the intervention E33 for supporting economically inactive people to overcome barriers to work by providing cohesive, locally tailored support including access to basic skills. For further details on the call content please visit UKSPF Support for People and Skills procurement site. Expressions of interest for this application have now closed.
UKSPF current projects
Communities and place
- Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Service (BCVS) has been appointed to develop, manage and administer the ‘Community and Voluntary Grant Programme’, over the next two years on behalf of Bassetlaw District Council.
- Arts and Heritage Workshops Starting on 15 January 2024. These workshops are available in local communities, allowing people to learn new skills, create art and craft projects and join together with your local community.
- Arts and Heritage Grants - Grants have been awarded to community groups. Each community group will promote their own events via their own channels. Find out more on our news section. The new Arts and Heritage Grant application process is now closed.
Supporting local businesses
- Bassetlaw Accelerator - Bassetlaw Accelerator is a brand-new business support project designed to help businesses at all stages of development across Bassetlaw to start, sustain, grow and innovate. To find out more about what is available to local businesses in Bassetlaw and to register your expression of interest to access support, visit the D2N2 Growth Hub website.
- High Street Business Support Programme - Find out more and sign up for the Bassetlaw high street support programme, visit the D2N2 Growth Hub website.
- Start-up provision - Start-up provision has begun and is being provided by NBV on our behalf. The next sessions are:
- Business Planning – 9 January 2024 at Middletons Yard, Worksop
- Social Media – 23 January 2024 at Retford Enterprise
- Marketing - 5 March 2024 at Middletons Yard, Worksop
- Business Planning - 12 March 2024 at Retford Enterprise
- Social Media - 19 March 2024 at Middletons Yard
If you wish to attend any of the above sessions, please contact Fiona Humpage, Business Advisor to book your space. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rural England Prosperity Fund
- Rural England Prosperity Fund (REPF) - details to follow soon.
Last Updated on Tuesday, February 20, 2024