Second adult rebate for people of pensionable age

You can currently still claim Second Adult Rebate if you are of pensionable age and there are other people living in your home (excluding your partner) who are on a lower income than you. This allows us to use their income instead of yours to work out Council tax Reduction.

You cannot claim Second Adult Rebate if you are married or have a partner, as the rules say you must be the only liable person in the property.

This system ended from 31 March 2013 for working-age claimants.

Last Updated on Tuesday, March 26, 2024