Statement of Accounts 2020/21 - Public Inspection Notice
Notice of the Commencement of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (Revised)
Local Audit (Public Access to Documents) Act 2017
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) Amendments Regulations 2021 (SI 2021/263)
(1) The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Mazars LLP, Park View House, 58 The Ropewalk, Nottingham, NG1 5DW. (Engagement Lead, Mr David Hoose; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
(2) Members of the Public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process in accordance with the regulations above.
(3) The unaudited Statement of Accounts (including the Narrative Report and the Annual Governance Statement) for the year ended 31 March 2021, are available to view on the Council's website. These documents are draft and, until the conclusion of the audit may be subject to change.
(4) These accounts will be available for public inspection for thirty full working days, from Friday 30 July 2021 to Friday 10 September 2021 inclusive, during normal office hours (9am-4pm Mondays to Fridays) when copies of all or part of any of the accounts and other related documents mentioned may be made including all the books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. These rights do not permit a person to require disclosure of personal or certain commercially sensitive information as defined in Section 26 of The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. These will be available for inspection at the Council Offices. Applications should be made initially by email to David Hill, Director of Corporate Resources (S151 Officer) email@example.com
(5) During the inspection period 9am on 30 July 2021 to 4pm on 10 September 2021, at the request of a local government elector for the area of the Council, the local auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditors about the accounting records of the Council. Please contact the auditor at the address in paragraph 1 above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
(6) During the inspection period 9am on 30 July 2021 to 4pm on 10 September 2021 a local government elector for the area of the Council or his/her representative may object to the Council’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and also copied to the Council at the address given below.
(7) A comprehensive guide to your rights can be accessed from the National Audit Office.
David Hill - CPFA
Director of Corporate Resources – S151 Officer
Bassetlaw District Council,
Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, S80 2AJ
Un-audited Statement of Accounts 2020/21
Each year the Council is statutorily required to produce a Statement of Accounts. This document sets out a summary of our financial affairs and performance. It also provides information relating to the Council’s assets and liabilities at the end of the financial year, the cost of the services provided by the Council and the way in which these services were financed. These documents are draft and, until the conclusion of the audit may be subject to change.
- Unaudited Statement of Accounts 2020-21
- This document may not be suitable for users with assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Statement of Accounts 2019/20
View our statement of accounts 2019/20 on our Open Data website.
Last Updated on Wednesday, August 15, 2018