Planning complaints and comments - Planning complaints

If you wish to comment on a current planning application please do so via the Council’s Public Access website or by email at

If you wish to make a complaint about the service you have received from planning, please fill in our 'Make a complaint about planning service" form.

Complaints about the service may include things where Bassetlaw District Council has:

  • Failed to undertake our duties correctly
  • Carried out our duties insufficiently or unprofessionally
  • Failed to follow proper protocol in our dealings with you

or you feel that:

  • you have received poor quality services
  • you have been given the wrong information
  • a service has not been delivered on time
  • or if you have a complaint about a member of staff

The complaints process is not the correct way to consider the ‘merits’ of a decision on a particular Planning Application.

Whilst you may not be satisfied with the outcome of the application this does not mean that the Council has dealt with the application incorrectly.

Separate formal processes exist to challenge planning decisions, either through the appeals process as an applicant or if you are a third party objector you have the opportunity to challenge the Council’s decision by way of a Judicial Review in the High Court.

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint about the planning service you have received, only then should you refer this to our formal complaints procedure.





Last Updated on Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Related Items