Starting at 26 days’ holiday (pro rata for part time employees), rising incrementally by one day each year up to 32 days. This is supplemented by bank holidays. We also award you an extra day of annual leave each year if you have had no sickness absence in the previous full calendar year.
There is also an option to purchase additional annual leave, tax-free.
Free healthcare cash plan
The Council pays for level 1 Westfield Health mosaic health cash plan for all colleagues wishing to enrol. This provides financial reimbursement for a range of excellent healthcare benefits such as dental and optical appointments, consultations, MRI scans, therapy treatments i.e. physiotherapy, acupuncture etc. for you and your dependent children. The service also includes a 24 hour employee assistance programme and up to six confidential counselling/CBT sessions per year either face to face or via telephone.
Local government pension scheme, which is one of the only schemes where the employer doubles your monthly pension contributions (around 12.5%) and the option to join our salary sacrifice shared cost Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) scheme, which saves you tax and national insurance. The benefits of our pension scheme are:
- A secure pension – the pension you build up during your employment keeps pace with your pay rises. And, after you retire, your pension keeps pace with cost of living increases.
- Tax-free cash – you have the option to exchange part of your pension for some tax-free cash on your retirement.
- Peace of mind – your family enjoys financial security, with immediate life cover and a pension for your husband, wife, civil partner or nominated cohabiting partner and eligible children in the event of your death and, if you ever become seriously ill. You could receive ill health benefits.
- Early retirement – you can choose to retire from age 55 and receive your benefits immediately (although these may be reduced for early payment).
- Flexible retirement – if you can reduce your hours or move to a less senior position at or after age 55 you can apply to draw the benefits you have built up, helping you ease into retirement (although your benefits may be reduced for early payment).
Learning and development opportunities
You will start your employment with an induction programme and will meet regularly with your manager to discuss your progress throughout your probation period. As part of your performance appraisal, you and your manager will work together to design your personalised development plan and we will support you to meet your career goals where we can.
Health & wellbeing support
We care about our employee’s physical and mental health and wellbeing, one way we like to support this is by offering discounted leisure membership with BPL and a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme. We work alongside our occupational health provider in order to support our staff. They are able to offer advice and information and even offer free flu jabs annually.
We offer discounted car parking for around £4 per month which allows you unlimited parking in certain long stay car parks in the Bassetlaw District.
Family friendly policies
We are committed to supporting your wellbeing and work life balance. We have a number of family friendly policies available including maternity, paternity, adoption, paid time off for fertility treatment and parental leave.
We have flexible working guidelines, we also offer the option of hybrid working and flexi-time scheme for some roles. Under the flexi-time scheme, flexi-leave occurs in the circumstances where additional hours have accrued then the maximum number of hours, which can be taken as flexi-leave during each 4-week period is one fifth of the employee’s contracted weekly hours.
Long Service awards
We celebrate our employee’s long service milestones with a cash gift.
Your choice of a welcome gift
All new employees will be able to choose a welcome gift from the following options: 3 months free BPL gym membership, 1-year National Trust membership and many more options
Last Updated on Wednesday, November 15, 2023