This is a new service to provide information, advice and support to older people on housing related issues.
Who is it for?
The service is aimed at older people, their families and carers, who recognise that they are starting to find things difficult in their own homes and want to consider their options to meet their changing needs. These might include moving to more suitable accommodation or making changes to their existing property.
The service is also aimed at advice, health and social care worker s who support older people.
What support is available?
Your Housing Choices Advisor or Caseworker can:
- Provide information, advice or support on a one to one basis
- Provide support to explore different housing options and help put these changes in place, where appropriate
- Give support in the moving process, if necessary
- Refer on to other local services
- Raise awareness of the wider advice and support available through Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) FirstStop
What is EAC FirstStop?
FirstStop Advice is an independent, impartial and free service offering advice and information to older people, their families and carers about housing and care options for later life.
Contact FirstStop FREE on:
For more information about Housing Choices, or to arrange a visit please contact Bassetlaw Action Centre:
- Telephone: 01777 709650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on Friday, January 13, 2023