Bassetlaw District Council can only investigate complaints about food premises which relate to food safety, and that are within the Bassetlaw area. If your complaint is about a food premises outside the Bassetlaw District then you will need to contact the local authority where the food premise is located.
We are unable to investigate complaints about the price of food, quality of food or poor customer service. Please contact Nottinghamshire County Council Trading Standards Department if you wish to make this type of complaint.
Things that we will investigate include:
- people smoking in kitchens, store rooms or preparation rooms
- pets or animals in kitchens, store rooms or preparation rooms
- sightings of vermin or pests on food premises
- poor levels of cleanliness in kitchens, store rooms or preparation rooms
- poor food handling practices
- accumulations of refuse on food premises
Last Updated on Tuesday, September 24, 2019