13 July 2022, 3.00pm until 7.00pm
As part of our series of careers events Bassetlaw District Council and the Bridge Skills Hub are pleased to announce the first Higher Skills and Education event at The Bridge - Skills Hub. Worksop's new £3.5m state-of-the art education hub.
As a district we want to ensure all our residents and employers have robust information about the rapidly changing world of work and the skills needed in a changing economy. Higher skills will play an increasing important role in a new mechanised world integrating emerging and disruptive technologies. The Higher skills event forms part of our response to provide local, employer lead higher education (HE) and higher skills. We welcome all Bassetlaw businesses to engage in this event and join the discussion.
What the event includes
Pop Up Higher Education Marketplace
The Regions HE partners will be available to explore courses (fulltime / part time pathways), links to industry, as well as more general advice finance. Supporting the event are Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, University of Lincoln, RNN Group, BPP University and DANCOP
HE Talks / Seminars
Guest can join any number of free talks / seminars available through the day;
- 3:40pm: BPP University – ‘An introduction to BPP and its offer’
- 4:20pm: Nottingham Trent University – ‘Guide to the UCAS process including personal statement workshop and resources’
- 5:00 pm: RNN Group – ‘HE Pathways and The Bridge / University Centre Rotherham Offer’
- 5:40 pm: University of Lincoln – ‘Student Finance, understanding the application process’
- 6:20 pm: Sheffield Hallam University – ‘Degree Apprenticeships- what are the benefits’
The Bridge ‘Tour and talk’
All visitors will be invited for a full tour and talk. You will have chance to see the centre, understand its aims and objectives and contribute to its future direction.
- Tours starting every 30 mins – Between 3:00pm and 5:00 pm
A range of local employers offering HE training pathways (e.g. higher and degree apprenticeships) will join the marketplace to discuss the benefits they bring to their business. Confirmed to attend are; Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospital, Laing O’Rourke and Rampton Hospital.
It is hoped the Bridge will help provide new learning opportunities for local people and local employers, bridging the skills gap while also helping to boost footfall in the town. Join us at:
- The Bridge Skills Hub, Bridge Place, Worksop, S80 1DT.
Should any employer wish to engage more formally in the event or wish to share current or future higher skilled opportunities please contact Tim Gladman – Skills Officer (Economic development) Tim.firstname.lastname@example.org / 07551 827248.
Last Updated on Wednesday, July 6, 2022