The Electoral Register is a list of everybody within Bassetlaw who is entitled to vote.
It is compiled from voter registration forms that are delivered to all residential addresses during an annual canvass.
How do I register?
- Fill in your name, address, date of birth and other details.
- You will need your National Insurance Number. You can find this on your National Insurance card, or official paperwork such as a payslip or letters about benefits.
- You will receive confirmation from the Council to say you are registered to vote.
Why should you register to vote?
- If your name is not on the register you will not be able to vote
- So that you can have a say in issues that affect you
- If you are not on the register you might be refused a loan, mobile phone contract or even be turned down for a bank account
The deadlines for rolling registration in 2020 are as follows:
|If we get your form by||Your details will be changed on|
|7th April 2022||3rd May 2022|
|10th May 2022||1st June 2022|
|9th June 2022||1st July 2022|
|8th July 2022||1st August 2022|
|10th August 2022||1st September 2022|
|22nd November 2022||1st December 2022|
|12th December 2022||3rd January 2023|
Last Updated on Wednesday, March 23, 2022