How to cover your tracks on you internet browser, whether you use Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click History History.
- On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select All time.
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history."
- Click Clear browsing data.
- With Mozilla Firefox open, click on Library Button.
- Now click on Clear Recent History and select how much history you want to clear.
- Click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared.
- Finally, click the Clear Now button.
- With Internet Explorer open, click on the tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Double click on Internet Options and click on the General Tab at the top of the window that just appeared.
- Now click on the Clear History button and when prompted select yes.
- With Safari open, click on the Explorer menu followed by Preferences.
- On the next screen you should have a menu bar down the left hand side. Under "Web Browser" should be an option named Advanced. If it is not visible, click the triangle beside Web Browser to expand the list. Now click the Advanced option.
- Now click the clear history button. Press Ok to finish.
Last Updated on Tuesday, January 7, 2020