Bassetlaw District Council have been awarded central government funding to help households in Bassetlaw NOT connected to mains gas to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
The funding is available through the Home Upgrade Grants Phase 2 (HUG2) and is available for low-income households for owner-occupied and privately rented properties.
- You MUST live in a property not connected to mains gas
- You must meet and be able to evidence both of the following criteria:
- Your property’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) must be D, E, F or G rated. If your property does not have an EPC, one will be carried out as part of the scheme, providing the household meet the other eligibility criteria. Check your property’s EPC.
- And one of the following:
- Household income should be below £31,000 (gross including any benefits) or
- Your property is located in an ‘auto-eligible’ postcode list or
- Meet the ECO Flex eligibility criteria
The costs of works are FREE to owner-occupiers and landlords will be required contribute a minimum of one third of the costs and the current tenant must meet the income criteria. It is important to note the grant funding cannot be used to make a property compliant with the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES); therefore, properties with an EPC rating of F or G must supply proof of exemption.
Possible measures include but are not limited to cavity wall insulation, external wall insulation, loft insulation, solar PV and air source heat pumps.
The grant requires a ‘fabric-first’ approach; therefore, insulation measures will be prioritised before the installation of renewables.
Information & Application
For more information or to apply call our customer journey support team, Nottingham Energy Partnership (NEP) on 0115 947 2207.
Alternatively, you can apply online via NEPs website.
Last Updated on Thursday, August 31, 2023