There are lots of initiatives to help you become a greener business and employer.
Bassetlaw Local Strategic Partnership has launched Evergreen Magazine. Its aims are to increase your knowledge and awareness of how to be more energy efficient, reducing overhead costs, and helping the competitiveness and sustainability of your business.
A variety of different topics are covered within the magazine including:
- Sustainable Building Design
- Landscaping of your business site
- As well as tips for staff to use at home
The magazine includes useful facts and figures, advice of where to start, when changing how you operate, purchase energy, and manage your waste.
In addition to contact information and links to websites, there is advice on where targeted support is available. Evergreen, is an opportunity to look at ways you can change the way you operate your business, and in the long-term save money, as well as the environment.
- The Carbon Trust supports the development of low carbon technologies, and helps business and the public sector cut carbon emissions.
- The Energy Saving Trust is a non-profit organisation, funded both by government and the private sector. They are one of the UK's leading organisations set up to address the damaging effects of climate change and they have offices in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. Their aim is to cut emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) by promoting the sustainable and efficient use of energy.
- D2N2 Key Sector Business Support. D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership has identified 8 'Areas of Economic Focus' - where the area is already strong or they have the potential to support growth.
Last Updated on Friday, January 31, 2020