Bassetlaw District Council, Clumber Park National Trust and Bassetlaw PCT have joined up to promote the Department of Health Change4Life message to "Eat Well, Move More and Live Longer!"
- Walkabout Clumber Park - details of Walkabout, Pushabout, Cycleabout, Parkrun, Breeze Cycle Rides and much more.
- Walking for Health - find a local health walk in your area, plus lots of information.
- Your Health Your Way Notts (external link) - They offer help to all residents in Nottinghamshire (not including Nottingham City) to get more active, eat healthier, manage their weight, drink less alcohol and stop smoking. They offer realistic and practical support for people to make life long healthy behaviour changes. Individuals can access the following services:
- Weight management (virtual group clinics and one to ones via telephone)
- Adult weight management (virtual group clinics and one to one telephone support)
- Family weight management (telephone support)
- Smoking cessation (telephone)
- Physical activity (bespoke recorded activity sessions are emailed to clients to complete at home)
- Brief alcohol support (telephone support)
Referrals can be made from health professionals and GP practices via the F12/Ardens function and both third party and self-referrals can be made online by visiting Your Health Your Way Notts (external link).
They will be able to provide both one to one and group based support via telephone and online support (Zoom). This will include free bespoke physical activity videos suitable for all abilities by our healthy lifestyle advisors.
- Natural England - permissive access routes for Walking, cycling and horse riding
- Ramblers Association - national walking charity with Nottinghamshire routes
- Notts Guided Walks - a monthly guide for organised walks in the countryside
- Chesterfield Canal Trust - 46 miles of walks which pass through some of our area's most beautiful countryside. From the River Trent to the middle of Chesterfield, linking Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
Last Updated on Wednesday, July 15, 2020