Transform your organic waste into a valuable resource for your garden.
To order either go to the Get Composting Website or by telephoning 0800 316 4454 (freephone).
If your household bin is overflowing each week, then a home composter could be just the thing you need. There are lots of reasons to try home composting.
- It can save you money by providing you with free soil conditioner and by helping to keep your soil moist (reducing water consumption)
- It can help your garden by improving plant health and growth giving you bigger crops of fruit, vegetables, flowers and herbs by making your home-grown foods healthier
It improves our environment by:
- changing your kitchen and garden waste into a valuable resource
- using up waste cardboard
- reducing the amount of waste going to landfill
- reducing landfill methane (greenhouse gas) creation
- putting nutrients back into the soil
- reducing reliance on toxic chemicals and pesticides
- reducing the need to buy peat based products. Most commercial compost comes from peat bogs. These provide natural habitats for rare plants and animals and are almost extinct so we need to do what we can to protect them.
Where is the best place to site a Compost Bin?
A composter needs to be sited on a level, well drained spot in order to allow excess water to drain out and to make it easier for helpful creatures such as worms to get in and start breaking down the contents.
Last Updated on Tuesday, June 9, 2020