Bassetlaw District Council are trialling a new system for monitoring planning permissions and completions in the District. The following table provides up to date housing monitoring information to support the proposed housing requirements identified within Policy ST2 in the draft Bassetlaw Local Plan.
The monitoring includes all residential planning permissions and completions at a settlement level since 1st April 2018. For Large and Small Rural Settlements the baseline date for the proposed housing requirements per settlement is also set from 1st April 2018. Therefore, residential planning permissions granted after that date will contribute towards the required growth figure for the respective settlement. The information will also include a column that identifies – when considering previous planning permissions – the remaining housing requirement, per settlement.
Summary of the table
Applications Details – This section includes information regarding the location of the counted planning applications; said applications reference number(s) and superseded application reference number(s); the net amount of houses included in said applications and the net amount of houses in the application that either have been completed or are under construction at the month of the Rural Monitoring Table. Furthermore, the date of decision on the planning application is also shown to help identify it.
Monitoring 2018/2020 – This column includes total net completions and commitments from the monitoring period 1 April, 2018 to 31 March, 2020.
Monitoring since 01/04/2020 – These two column contains the total net commitments and completions since 1 April, 2020.
Calculation of Net Remaining Growth – In this section, the first column includes the max-proposed number of dwellings at 5% (for Small Rural Settlements only) and 20% (for Large Rural Settlements only) growth, as outlined in ST02 Rural Bassetlaw, in the Draft Bassetlaw Local Plan November 2020.
- The second column is the total sum of the monitoring from 2018/20 section and the total net commitments and completions columns from 1 April, 2020 onwards.
- The final column* is the net remaining growth for each settlement. The calculation of the Net Remaining Growth is the following formula:
Net Remaining Growth = Max Proposed growth at either 5% or 20% - 2018/20 and 2020 Commitments and Completions
*It should be noted that the Net Remaining Growth figures are indicative for each month only and will likely change on a monthly basis as permissions advance or lapse.
Monthly Rural Monitoring Tables
The information is updated on a monthly basis. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Planning Policy Team on 01909 533 495
- Rural Monitoring Table October 2020 (XLS document)
- Rural Monitoring Table October 2020 (PDF document)
- Whilst every effort has been made to make the table accessible, some information may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Please view our Accessibility Statement for information. If you wish to discuss the document, please contact our planning policy department on 01909 533 495.
Feedback on the form of the monitoring system and the accuracy of the data is welcomed; please contact the Planning Policy team on 01909 533 495.
Last Updated on Monday, November 30, 2020