By 2040, the Innovation District will be a thriving, prosperous neighbourhood, its success evident through a strong cluster of start-up, incubators and accelerator businesses within growth sectors and specialisations, including health care, creative and digital industries, and green energy.
Priorities for Regeneration
- Improve connectivity for pedestrians, cyclists, vehicles within the area and to The Canch;
- Implement a clear route hierarchy and wayfinding to enhance connections to the town centre;
- Provide for up to date digital infrastructure in new development and public spaces
- Living and Working
- Diversify the business/commercial uses within the area;
- Grow Worksop’s education and training offer;
- Diversify the local housing offer to better meet local needs;
- Strengthen the identity and historic character of the Innovation District;
- Create a vibrant and attractive business and commercial destination;
- Enhance public realm and streetscape to aid legibility and attract investment;
- Support flood management along the River Ryton to enhance resilience;
- Facilitate the remediation of brownfield land to benefit the environment;
The WASH (W26)
The Worksop Access to Skills Hub (The WASH) will convert a vacant building in the town centre into a training and skills hub.
Canal Road, Former Gas Works (W25)
The previously used land will be redeveloped to accommodate 50 residential dwellings and 10 live-work units within a rejuvenated riverside corridor.
Warehouse, Priorswell Road (W24)
The residential development will provide 60 dwellings and combined with neighbouring sites will create a diverse mixed use area of Worksop Central.
Creative Village Site 2 (W23)
Redevelopment of vacant land for a mixed use development, which will include business and commercial floor space as well as 20 residential dwellings.
Last Updated on Friday, February 24, 2023