A prolific offender from Retford has become the subject of an Interim Criminal Behaviour Order after breaching one of the conditions set out in a Town Centre Public Space Protection Order.
Adam Cartwright, 19, of no fixed address, breached the Retford Town Centre PSPO when, on 9th April 2018, he was witnessed outside CEX on Spa Lane shouting or swearing in a manner which caused annoyance, harassment, alarm or distress to people in or around the area of the PSPO. Due to this breach, Cartwright was issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice of £100, which was not paid within the permitted timescale.
At a court hearing at Mansfield County Court on 26th October 2018, Cartwright pleaded guilty to breaching the PSPO.
As a result of the conviction, the Council applied for a Criminal Behaviour Order, which was contested by Cartwright. However, the Court felt it was appropriate to grant an Interim CBO that ensures Cartwright must abide by a number of conditions until 7th December 2018, when the full CBO will be considered.
Cllr Julie Leigh, Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods at Bassetlaw District Council, said:
“Mr Cartwright is a known prolific offender in the Town Centre and I would urge members of the public to report any further breaches to the Police or the Council’s Anti-Social Behaviour Team.
“This type of behaviour is not welcome in any of our public spaces and we will take the most appropriate action should incidents like this be reported to the Police and ourselves.”
Sergeant Sam Pearson, of the Retford Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “We’re pleased that the court has imposed this interim Criminal Behaviour Order on Cartwright after he pleaded guilty to breaching the Retford Town Centre Public Spaces Protection Order.
“We will continue to work together with Bassetlaw District Council to target those who commit anti-social behaviour in Retford and we remain committed to ensuring the town remains a safe and pleasant place to live, work and visit.”The full restrictions of the CBO mean that Adam Cartwright must not:
- Act or incite others to act in an anti-social manner, that is to say, a manner that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household.
- Associate with Tyler Mountain in the area of Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire.
- Associate with Andrew Farrell in any public place in the area of Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire.
- Associate with Daniel Farrell in any public place in the area of Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire.
- Associate with Jean-Pierre Wilson in the area of Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire.
- Associate with Jamie Cartwright in any public place in the area of Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire.
- Cause or threaten to cause or attempt to cause, damage to property or premises of another person without reasonable excuse or lawful authority or encourage others to do so.
- Congregate in a public place in a group of two or more persons in a manner causing or likely to cause any person fear for their safety.
- Not to enter Eagle Place, Retford as defined on map A attached to this order edged in red
- Not to enter Retford, Town Centre between the hours of 7pm and 7am as defined on Map B attached to the order edged in red.
Last Updated on Wednesday, January 16, 2019