Midweek street collections
Council Policy was amended under Licensing Committee 12th March 2014, to clarify and incorporate the following in respect of midweek collections:-
- Midweek street collections must be submitted to the Licensing Department no later than four weeks prior to the collection taking place.
- For midweek street collections applications taking place in conjunction with a children’s parade, i.e. Easter and Christmas, the following information should be appended to the application:-
- A street map showing the exact route from start to finish, stating the road names, whether the pedestrianised/marketplace areas are to be visited.
- The ages of the children participating and the maximum number of the children on the proposed Parade.
- The ratio of staff/adults to children numbers to be provided including confirmation that a first aid trained member of staff or adult will be present on the Parade.
- If the Parade involves school children from within the Bassetlaw area then confirmation that the Parade is covered by Nottinghamshire County Council Insurance.
- Confirmation that liaison with the Town Centre Manager and the local Police has taken place over the proposed Parade. If the street collection is to take place on a Market Day then provision may have to be agreed as to where the children/collectors may stand or walk without obstructing the market stallholders, members of the public and the emergency services access.
- A risk assessment to be submitted by the applicant.
- For midweek street collections who wish to collect on the pedestrianised areas or marketplaces within Worksop or Retford then the following information should be appended to the application:-
- The application to provide full details to cover both the person promoting the collection and the charitable organisation or society on behalf of which they will be collecting.
- If the applicant is collecting on behalf of a charity, then written authorisation must be provided from that Charity along with the application. The organisation’s registered charity number to be supplied (if applicable).
- Confirmation that liaison with the Town Centre Manager has taken place over the proposed street collection. If the street collection is to take place on a Market Day then provision may have to be agreed as to where the collectors may stand without obstructing the market stallholders, members of the public and the emergency services access.
There is no fee for this service.
Last Updated on Friday, October 28, 2022