Street collections - House to house collections

House to House Collections

A promoter for a House to House Collection for a charitable purpose will require a licence.

This means any appeal to the public, made by visits from House to House, to give money or other property. “House” includes a place of business therefore anyone collecting from pub to pub will require a licence.

Where the Secretary of State is satisfied that a person pursues a charitable purpose throughout the whole of England and Wales, he may by Order direct that they shall be exempt from the licence provisions above. The Cabinet office publishes a List of Exempt Organisations.

There is no fee for this service.



Last Updated on Friday, April 12, 2019