- Takes 4-6 weeks on average to get a housing application registered.
- Over 3,200 applicants currently registered on the Waiting List (of which 7% are under 25 years old, , 41% are aged between 25-60 and 52% are over 60).
- Total Stock of 4,073 properties consisting of:
|Type of property||Number||Average Weekly Rent|
|1 bed flat||604||£62.64|
|2 bed flat / maisonette||595||£71.37|
|2 bed house||590||£72.39|
|3 bed house||2147||£80.24|
|4 bed house||121||£89.57|
Private Rented Accommodation
- Average cost of setting up a private rented tenancy is at least £1,000. This includes fees for credit checks, guarantor, rent in advance and bond which all have to be paid in advance.
Average Weekly Private Rents
- 1 bed - £80.07 / 2 bed - £99.46 / 3 bed - £118.38
Typical Local Housing Allowance Rates
- £56.16 per week for those living in shared accommodation or those under 35 years of age
- £72.00 per week for 1 bedroomed property
- £92.06 per week for 2 bedroomed property
- £103.85 per week for 3 bedroomed property
- £139.84 per week for 4 bedroomed property
Last Updated on Thursday, September 17, 2020