The council is encouraging as many people as possible to sign up and use their joint buying power to help find the best energy deals and save money on their energy bills.
People across the country have saved an average of £254 on their energy bills and the more people that sign up, the bigger the potential saving.
How it works
Big Community Switch helps residents switch energy suppliers, move to a renewable electricity tariff and save money on their energy bills.
We are working with a specialist company iChoosr who negotiate with the energy companies on behalf of everyone signed up to the scheme to get the best tariff possible.
There is no need to compare different tariffs as you'll receive a personal offer and the switchover is handled for you.
What do I have to do?
- Registration: you can register before 11 October for free and there is no obligation to switch to the winning supplier.
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 12 October when our pre-vetted energy suppliers will submit bids. The supplier who offered the cheapest tariff will get to offer you a new contract.
- Personal offer: from 25 October you will receive a personal offer, based on your registration details, and you can see how much money you can save.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to switch, and you will have until 23 November to decide.
- Take control: if you accept, you will be one of the thousands who have taken control of their energy costs through our collective energy switching scheme.
Last Updated on Friday, August 6, 2021