This consultation has now closed
Proposed Extension to Public Spaces Protection Order
On 17 May 2015, Bassetlaw District Council made a Public Spaces Protection Order ("PSPO") for the Celtic Point, Gateford, Worksop area.
In February 2016, Bassetlaw District Council entered into a period of consultation to make an amendment to the Gateford Public Spaces Protection Order 2015 by increasing the area which it covered. This was successful and the Order now incorporates 160-180 Raymoth Lane, Roman Road, Sulis Gardens, Roundhouse Crescent and Samian Close.
A PSPO is made under powers vested in the local authority by Section 59, of the Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014.
A PSPO can be extended where the council is satisfied that the activity or activities it proposes to restrict:
- Have had, or are likely to have, a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality;
- Is, or is likely to be, persistent or continuing in nature;
- Is, or is likely to be, unreasonable; and
- Justifies the restrictions imposed.
The Order prohibits:
- shouting, swearing or acting in a manner as to cause annoyance, harassment, alarm or distress to any person
- persons (16 years old and under, who are not under the effective control of a parent or a responsible person aged 18 or over) from gathering in groups of three or more
- prohibition of alcohol consumption
Read the Gateford PSPO order.
Public Spaces Protection Orders last for a maximum period of three years and the Council may renew the Order for a further three as was the case in 2018. However, before the Gateford PSPO can be extended, the council must carry out a public consultation.
The consultation opened Friday 14 May 2021 and closed at 5pm on Friday 11 June 2021.
The map explains the areas where the Gateford PSPO cover. These are Celtic Point, 160-180 Raymoth Lane, Roman Road, Sulis Gardens, Roundhouse Crescent and Samian Close.
Last Updated on Tuesday, June 15, 2021