Applications Now Open for Second Round of the Nottinghamshire Flood Appeal
People affected in Bassetlaw by the November Floods can now apply to the Nottinghamshire Flood Appeal for a hardship grant of up to £500.
Help for individuals and families
Grants may be made to relieve hardship caused directly or indirectly by flooding that occurred in Nottinghamshire in November 2019. Priority will be given to homes that were flooded internally (not including garages, garden sheds or outbuildings).
Who can apply?
• Individuals or families whose homes and contents have been damaged by flooding
• Individuals or families who are suffering other hardship as a result of the flooding
We can provide support for the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
• alternative accommodation/living costs
• food and drink
• insurance excess
• basic furniture and white goods
• essential uninsured costs
Wherever possible grants are made to help applicants replace essential items that have been lost. The fund does not aim to replace like with like and cannot be a substitute for insurance.
We will not normally fund:
• gardens, sheds, outbuildings, fences and garden furniture/equipment
• businesses (but we can support business owners and employees who are facing hardship)
Anyone affected can apply although priority will be given to:
• Individuals and families suffering financial or other hardship
• Low income households, people over 70, families with young children, people with physical or learning
disabilities, mental health needs or medical conditions
• Homes that were flooded internally
How much can you apply for?
Hardship grants normally up to £500 subject to funding availability.
Applications to the Fund can be submitted from 6 July 2020 until 31 July 2020. Further consideration will be given to offering ongoing support, subject to funds being available, after that time.
How to apply?
Applications can be accessed online via www.lincolnshirecf.co.uk or by requesting an application form by contacting the Grants Team on 01529 305825/07908208838 or email email@example.com There is also a downloadable form at the top of this webpage.
We will require a copy of a document with your name and address to support your application (unless you have already provided it previously). We may also ask you for the name of a referee who is known to you and can vouch for your circumstances.
The Nottinghamshire Flood Appeal is funded by donations from individuals, businesses, charitable trust, Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government and Lincolnshire Community Foundation.
If you need assistance to complete an application please contact Sue Fortune on 01529 305825 or 07908208838.
Last Updated on Wednesday, July 8, 2020