Carers and Social Care

Social Care

Nottinghamshire County Council are responsible for providing information about carers service and Social Care.


The term "carer" is used for anyone who looks after someone else.  This can be a relative, friend or neighbour who needs assistance because of frailty, illness or disability.  A carer does not get paid and should not be mistaken for a care worker, who is paid to look after someone.

Visit the Nottinghamshire County Council Carers page of their website for more information.

Social Care

NottsInfoScript is the information portal for people with long term health and social care needs. On here you can find information on conditions and what benefits, support groups, leisure and work activities that may be impacted. This service is web based but also offers a postal service for people who are unable to access the internet.