Complaint about a Councillor - Procedure for dealing with complaints against Councillors

Do you wish to make a complaint about the conduct of a Councillor or Parish Councillor?

The procedure for dealing with complaints made against Councillors has changed in line with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011.

The complaint which must be in writing either by email or letter, will first be considered by the Monitoring Officer in consultation with the Independent Person.

The Independent Person has been appointed by the Council and has a specific role in relation to dealing with complaints. The views of the Independent Person must be sought by the Council before making a decision on an allegation which it has decided should be investigated.

The Monitoring Officer is a senior officer of the Council and has legal responsibility for maintaining the register of members’ interests and for administering the Code of Conduct for Councillors and for investigating complaints against Councillors and Parish Councillors.

Mr S Wormald
Monitoring Officer
Queen's Buildings
Potter Street
Notts, S80 2AH


Telephone: 01909 533 533

To ensure we have sufficient information to be able to process your complaint and to read more about how your complaint will be dealt with, please refer to our procedures and guidance documents.



Last Updated on Monday, May 24, 2021