- Last date for registration - Tuesday 8th August 2023
- Receipt of Postal Vote Applications - 5pm on Wednesday 9th August 2023
- Last day for Voter Authority Certificates - 5pm on Wednesday 16th August 2023
- Receipt of Emergency Proxy Vote Applications - 5pm on Thursday 24th August 2023
Notice of Referendum
Referendum on the adoption of the Hayton Neighbourhood Plan
1. A referendum will be held on Thursday 24th August 2023 to decide on the Question below:
‘Do you want Bassetlaw District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hayton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
2. Applications to be included on the register of electors for this election must be received no later than Tuesday 8th August 2023.
3. New applications for, or amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of existing proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Bassetlaw District Council, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop S80 2AH by 5.00 pm Wednesday 9th August 2023.
4. New applications to vote by proxy at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Bassetlaw District Council, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop S80 2AH by 5.00 pm on Wednesday 16th August 2023.
5. Applications to vote by proxy at this referendum applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, or because of work/service reasons that occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday 16th August 2023 must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Bassetlaw District Council, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop S80 2AH by 5.00 pm on Thursday 24th August 2023.
Referendum Information Statement
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Hayton Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 24 August 2023.
The question that will be asked in the Referendum is:
“Do you want Bassetlaw District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hayton to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?”
The Referendum area is identified on the accompanying map.
The Referendum area is identical to the area designated as the Hayton Neighbourhood Area, and the area covered by the Neighbourhood Plan.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if, on 8th August 2023:
- they are entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- their qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which they are entitled to be
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,379.23. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 292.
The specified documents, as listed below, may be inspected on the Bassetlaw District Council website.
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view as follows:
- Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Notts. S80 2AH. Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 m.
- Retford One Stop Shop, 17B The Square, Retford, Notts, DN22 6DB. Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 m.
- By arrangement with the Parish Clerk, Julie Tisi. Tel: 07557 762 012. Email: email@example.com
The specified documents are:
- This Information Statement, and the map of the Neighbourhood Area;
- Hayton Neighbourhood Development Plan (the Neighbourhood Plan);
- Report of the Independent Examiner;
- Summary of the representations submitted to the Independent Examiner;
- Statement by the Local Planning Authority that the Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation;
- A statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum; and
Dated: 17th July 2023
Beverley Alderton-Sambrook, Head of Regeneration, Bassetlaw District Council
Last Updated on Wednesday, August 16, 2023