The Electoral Register is a list of everybody within Bassetlaw who is entitled to vote.
It is compiled from voter registration forms that are delivered to all residential addresses during an annual canvass.
How do I register?
Visit register to vote website, were you will be asked to:
- Fill in your name, address, date of birth and other details.
- Provide your National Insurance Number. You can find this on your National Insurance card, or official paperwork such as a payslip or letters about benefits.
You will receive confirmation from the Council to say you are registered to vote.
Why should you register to vote?
- If your name is not on the register you will not be able to vote
- So that you can have a say in issues that affect you
- If you are not on the register you might be refused a loan, mobile phone contract or even be turned down for a bank account
The deadlines for rolling registration in 2023 are as follows:
If we get your application by
|Your details will be changed on|
|10th July 2023||1st August 2023|
|10th August 2023||1st September 2023|
|22nd November 2023||1st December 2023|
|11th December 2023||2nd January 2024|
Last Updated on Wednesday, April 26, 2023