A review of parishes and related matters under the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007
Aims of the review
Bassetlaw District Council has resolved to undertake a Community Governance Review (CGR) pursuant to Part 4, Chapter 3 of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, to consider the following parish matters:
Parish Matters to be considered
- To review the boundary between Ranskill and Torworth Parish Councils in the vicinity of the A638
- Rampton and Woodbeck Parish Council –to increase the number of Parish Councillors.
- Beckingham –cum-Saundby Parish Council - reduce the number of Parish Councillors.
- Holbeck & Welbeck Parish Council have indicated that they wish to explore the possibility of merging, possibly with a neighbouring small Parish Council.
- To review the Ward boundary between Carlton-in-Lindrick and the non parished area of Worksop and make recommendations accordingly to the Local Government Boundary Commission for England.
In undertaking the Review, the Council will be guided by Part 4 of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, the relevant parts of the Local Government Act 1972, Guidance on Community Governance Reviews issued in accordance with section 100(4) of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 by the Department of Communities and Local Government and The Electoral Commission in April 2008. Also the following regulations which guide, in particular, consequential matters arising from the Review: Local Government (Parishes and Parish Councils) (England) Regulations 2008 (SI2008/625); Local Government Finance (New Parishes) Regulations 2008 (SI2008/626).
The Council is required to have regard to Guidance on Community Governance Reviews issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government. This Guidance was published in April 2008 and it has been considered when drawing up the Terms of Reference (TOR).
Last Updated on Wednesday, March 23, 2022