Bassetlaw District Council is looking for willing volunteers to work alongside the Town Centre Ambassador in Worksop, Retford, Harworth and Tuxford over the coming weeks to help us to engage, encourage and explain the changes that are happening in our town centres to ensure we are following COVID-Safe guidelines set out by Government. Non-essential retailers will start to open their doors from Monday 15 June 2020 and we anticipate that residents and visitors will start to access our town centres again.
The role will involve:
- Being a point of contact for residents; shoppers and visitors to the town centres to explain the changes that have taken place to enable the Council and wider partners to ensure our town centres are following the COVID-SAFE guidelines.
- Help to instil confidence that our town centre are safe to visit and there is someone there to ask for help and guidance.
- To keep an eye out and support vulnerable members of our community including the elderly; those with vision impairments or a disability due to the change in layout of our town centres.
- Being a point of contact for shop owners/managers that have questions or concerns that need feeding into the Council and wider partners to be actioned.
- Help be our eyes and ears and report any anti-social behaviour to the Council’s Community Safety Team and if needed emergency services.
- Report any cleanliness issues to the Council’s Street Cleansing Team so they can respond accordingly.
- Working alongside a range of departments from the Council (Community Safety; CCTV; Markets Team; Street Cleansing; Economic Development) and wider public and private partners to ensure the town centres run effectively and follow COVID-Safe guidelines.
- You make Council and BID representatives aware of increases in footfall and pinch-points that could impact on social distancing guidelines.
- You are available to support for part of the week Monday-Saturday between 9am-5pm from Monday 15 June - Friday 17 July.
What will be provided?
- You will receive training from the BID Ambassador on social distancing guidelines and wider support role
- Full briefing on the Council Departments that you will be working and linking to
- High-vis vest to identify you as a Covid Support Team Volunteer
- Access to radio that will enable you to link to other Council personnel; CCTV control room and shopwatch
- Free temporary parking pass to cover the duration you are performing your voluntary duties
Thank you for your interest and taking your time to support your local community.
Please email your name, address, telephone number, email address to email@example.com with details on the day/hours that you can volunteer from Monday 15 June – Saturday 1st August.
Last Updated on Thursday, July 9, 2020